Monday, May 26, 2014

A Day in the Life

Currently, I don't have many days that I would consider to be typical. I do a lot of different things.

For the most part, I spend my nights working, and my days are generally spent with my brothers or sleeping. I'm one of those third shift people, those who live in the dark hours out of choice because it means that that accursed sun cannot burn us or annoy us with its cheerful waking.

I have been a night owl for as long as most people can remember. At 5, I was the kind of kid who had multiple flashlights taken away because I would spend the night up reading. Now, I spend fewer nights up all night reading as I do working or playing video games, which I am mildly sad about, but also kind of happy about, because video games help hand-eye coordination, which is why I can type well. It is a very good use of your brain when you have to figure out different kinds of puzzles in the game and all of that. Working all night means that I am making money to support myself, which I am also very fond of doing.

Some days, I hang out with my brother and his roommate, because they are 2 of my best friends, and I don't know what I would do without them. They keep me entertained when I am bored, make sure that I take helpful medicines when I should, and talk it out with me when I don't know what the hell I am doing with my life. I can't even explain how much I owe to those boys.

Some days, I work all night and into the day, and then hang out with other guy friends. Sometimes, I go home and sleep (though that almost never happens). Sometimes I call up a friend to go on a random trip in the middle of the night for Del Taco, or for IHOP. I don't tend to keep a schedule, because for me, life it too short to do the same thing day in and day out. And if I ever get predictable, I tend to make a big change in my life.

1 comment:

Johnny 5 needs more input