Friday, August 28, 2015

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

I love you.

That isn't going to change, regardless of whatever else I tell you.

What will, and must, change, is me waiting around for you to figure out that you are worth that love.

This is what you keep saying you want. This is what you think we need. Who am I to say differently?

So what I am going to do is exactly what you say you want: I will be your friend, and that is all.

As always, if you change your mind, that will be on you. I will not try to change your mind about it though, and if I am not available when you finally decide to change your mind, then that is too bad.

Nothing will stop me loving you, but I don't have to hurt for it all the time. I refuse to keep having nights where I cry and feel like I am not good enough. Because, screwed up as I am, I am good enough. I am more than good enough. You just have to realize that you're worth being loved. I can't help you with that. That is all on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Johnny 5 needs more input