Thursday, June 28, 2012

Describe your relationship with your parents

My dad is dead. My mother and I....well our relationship is a bit more complicated.

My mother and I have never really been close. We are so similar that we manage to push each others buttons. She spent the majority of my childhood using me to some purpose, whether it was against my father before he passed away, or having me take care of the kids so she could do whatever it was she wanted after she got off work. Any money I had from the jobs I had went into my bank account, which only she had access to, and which, before I turned 18, she took the money from. Now that I'm older, and working on being all on my own, I really am trying not to ask her for help, but when I have to, I don't feel badly about it. I feel 18 years is a lot to make up for, and there is nothing wrong with asking for help when I need it, especially with what she owes me. However, I also understand that she doesn't see it that way, so I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop. It isn't a healthy relationship, not even a little, but I still get to see my siblings, and that makes everything worth it, because I wouldn't trade my baby brother for anything. I have never loved anyone as much as I love that little boy, and until I(if I ever do) have my own child I don't think I will ever love anyone as much as I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Johnny 5 needs more input