Monday, January 19, 2015

Because I'm too chickenshit to say it out loud.

You're my best friend. And I love you. Those two things make everything much more difficult.

You know everything about me, and still put up with me. You tell me to suck it up when I'm just whining about things that don't matter. You remind me to take care of myself as far as food goes. You take care of me when I feel like crap, and you don't (seriously) bitch about me being so needy. You make me smile when I'm pissed at the world and don't want to smile. You hold my hand when I cry, and just knowing that you're there helps me feel better.

You say that you just do what you do because its what friends do for each other.

I don't want to lose you as my best friend, and that's increasingly difficult because I can't not love you. It isn't a choice.

I would rather spend a night in with you, watching movies or playing video games, than do almost anything else with anyone else. Hell, if I do go out, I spend most of the time wondering if you're ok, and trying to figure out a way to spend more time with you.

God it sounds so stupid to put it that way. It sounds like some stupid tween with puppy love. I can't accurately describe how it feels. The closest that I can come to it is that when you're around, I don't feel like I have to prove myself to you. I don't have to be anyone else. I can be me, and that is just fine. And when you're around, I realize how good it feels just to be me, no pressure.

Maybe that's incredibly selfish of a reason, but its better than the cliché that's also true. When you're around, I want to be better, to do better, because that's what you deserve. Even though you've made it clear you just want my friendship, I try my damndest to be a better friend.

That's why I can't actually say this to you, and though I know you will find it at some point, I just hope that point is later rather than sooner.

The time you stayed here was indescribable, mostly because it was all over the place. At first, it was just fine, then I got stupid because you were being stupid. I was happy for you as a friend, while at the same time it felt like it was stabbing me every time. You didn't like how Lestat treated me, and were very clear that you thought that it should stop. We both stopped being stupid, and that left us mostly with only each other for company. We didn't kill each other. We actually worked alright together, but my stress levels meant I snapped at you unnecessarily at times, and you just let it go.

People will probably always think we are more than friends. The truth is, I will never understand because you don't explain, or worse you explain in circles that just leave me confused.

To be honest, it isn't going to matter. Your feelings don't change mine. I attempt to keep them in until I feel I'm going to burst, then I have to vent them here, or somewhere.

To be honest, you are right that our friendship is more important, but friendships don't always get ruined because of feelings or relationships. Sometimes, it makes things better, and the risk is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Johnny 5 needs more input